The 70s are making a major comeback now in fashion and design. Kevin Gray Design was thrilled to be featured this month on SoFlo Home Project, his 4th time on the program. In this episode, Kevin gives design expert Alena Capra a tour of his personal home in Miami, Florida. Kevin’s home shows his love to mix pieces and materials – and is inspired by his love of the 70s.
WATCH: Kevin Gray on SoFlo Home Project: Come Back To The 70s Comeback
Kevin’s Advice For Mixing Pieces and Periods
Kevin’s apartment features carefully curated 70s pieces but stays fresh and modern. His home includes pieces Kevin has carefully curated and collected for the past 40 years.
1. Give a nod to a period, don’t try to recreate it.
2. Subtle details in materials and shapes make a big impact.
3. Mixing contrasting materials warms up a room and provides interest.
4. Add pieces from other eras to create an eclectic design.
5. Timeless basics showcase period pieces.
See KGD’s portfolio here.
Watch Kevin’s previous appearances on SoFlo Home project here:
- SoFlo Home Project: Williams Island
- SoFlo Home Project: Bay Harbor
- SoFlo Home Project: Tavernier Key
Do You Need An Interior Designer?
Contact Kevin Gray Design 305-751-4263
Kevin and the KGD team can work with you in person or remotely to meet your interior design needs.
The team at Kevin Gray Design’s first priority is the health and safety of our team, our families, our clients and our communities. We take our commitment to practice social distancing taking precautions while doing our best to continue to provide service to our valued clients. Contact us today!